The Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant takes the protection of your private data very seriously and adheres to relevant data protection legislation. Personal data is collected only to the extent necessary. In no case will the data be sold or made available to third parties.
The aim of this Statement is to inform you how Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant will use any personal data which you provide through this website and information the Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant may collect in another fashion. This Statement is aimed at general site users and customers of the Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant. The Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant complies with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
This site may contain links to other web sites over which Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant have no control. Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant encourages you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we may collect the following Personal Data:
- Contact information: name, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address Payment information: Credit and debit card number or other payment date
- Language preference
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data
- Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions
- Employer details when booked through a company
- Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
- Interactions including prior guest visits, goods and services purchased, and special service and amenity requests
How we collect personal data
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services: we collect Personal Data when you use our online services to make a reservation or purchase goods and services, to communicate with us, to post to our social media pages, to sign up for our newsletter(s) or participate in any offers or surveys.
- Visiting and contacting our hotel: we collect Personal Data when you visit our hotel and use our services including accommodation, restaurant, meeting and events facilities and spa.
- Making Bookings and Reservation at our hotel: We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation by telephone or communicate with us by email or facsimile for any of our guest services. These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Internet-Connected Devices: We collect Personal Data from internet-connected devices used in our properties to fulfil our legal obligations e.g. compliance with anti-terrorism legislation.
If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us, such as making a reservation for another individual, you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data to fulfil your request for our services.
Signing up to our Newsletter
If you choose to sign-up to our newsletter using the form on this website, your information will be stored on our MailChimp account until you choose to ‘opt-out’ of receiving our newsletters. You can remove yourself from our newsletter mailing list by clicking on the link ‘unsubscribe from this list’, which can be found at the bottom of the newsletter emails. Alternatively, please email us on [email protected] and we will ensure that your details are removed. Our website does not store your information that we receive from the request and booking forms (apart from the newsletter sign-up), and your details are sent immediately to reception so that they can deal with your enquiry. Our reception team may ask if you would like to be added to our mailing list, but you will not automatically be added without permission. We will not share your personal details with other businesses or third parties.
How we retain personal data
The criteria used to determine data retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the hotel services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
The Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant has in place strict security procedures to protect information. We protect your personal information during transmission by using secure software, which encrypts the information that you provide online at our website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information that you provide to us directly and how it is stored and processed. However, the Internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us via email, VOIP, or phone. We permit only authorised hotel employees to access any personal information. If an employee misuses personal information, we may take disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. The list below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “In Private” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First Party Cookies
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
“We had 40 family and friends staying for our wedding weekend and I honestly cannot say enough about the staff and how friendly and helpful they were. It was like they were part of our family! The views and food were just fantastic! We have already booked for our year anniversary. Just the best place for an outdoors wedding. Our love to all, xxx”
Kirk and Laura
“What a gem…….”
“We stayed here last minute and are thoroughly pleased we did. A real mix of tradition, comfort and hospitality. Great views along the coast and down to the beach. Our bedroom was well equipped and appointed and exceptionally comfy. The restaurant served excellent breakfast and evening meal with all the staff attentive and friendly. The gardens and morning rooms have fantastic views. A real find and we will definitely return!!”